Click the video above for an introductory message about our Inaugural Impact Report!
Helps Education Fund is proud to announce the release of our inaugural Impact Report! This report features the significant accomplishments made over our last fiscal year (2021-2022) as well as showcases growth made throughout the past decade.
What began with John Begeny and a small group of volunteers has now transformed into activity across the nation and around the world. In keeping with our mission to improve educational equity and promote a more just society, Helps Education Fund has always made our evidence-based programs and services available for free or at the lowest possible cost.
Below we share a summary of the thousands of individuals who received primary services during the 2021-2022 fiscal year:
- 3,214 K-12 students received HELPS (reading) & AMPPS (math) tutoring sessions
- 530 community members trained to implement our evidence-based programs as tutors
- 835 students built early literacy skills through our PASTEL and Story Exploring programs
- 245 educators and childcare professionals attended trainings to implement our evidence-based programs
- 205 parents who are currently incarcerated received adult and family literacy support through our Motheread/Fatheread and BABY programs
Note: These numbers do not include students who receive our programs from a) the thousands of educators we have directly trained over the years, or b) the tens of thousands of individuals who self-train from our freely available materials. We know that many of those individuals continue using our programs with multiple students each year. It is impossible to tally an exact number of students who receive our programs each year, but 10,000+ is a very conservative estimate based on currently available sources of information.
We send sincere gratitude from all of us—board, staff, and volunteers—for the deep commitment and investment shared in achieving our goals. Thank you for all that you already do to support students of all ages in your lives. Together, we can create meaningful progress toward an equitable future.
This next year continues to be a critical time to provide high-quality, evidence-based programs and services to historically underserved students, families, and educators. Your partnership in this ongoing work is needed now more than ever!